It’s finally here! My easy guide to delicious cashew creams and sauces.
First things first – soak the cashews. I typically do a cups worth, but if you need a lot then go for 2 cups of cashews.
You can do this two ways:
1. Soak a bowl of cashews over night…
2. OR the way I always end up doing it (because I tend to wait last minute) – boil water (we use a kettle) and soak the cashews in the boiling water for at least 10 minutes or more. You want the cashews to me a bit squishy. It makes it easier to blend and get that nice, smooth, creamy texture!
- ONION DIP: First one up is a simple onion dip! Chop up a shallot or some onion and sauté it in a pan until darkened. Add the sautéed onion into the blender with your cream and blend. There’s no need to add more water. Chunks of onion definitely make it more delicious. I also like to add a little splash of coconut aminos and liquid smoke. Pour into a bowl and mix in more onion powder. Finish it off with some onion flakes on top! Pair this with some classic potato chips and oh man. Best. Party food. Ever.
- RANCH DIP: This one is ultra easy. Add a bunch of dill into your mixture and blend! After it’s done, pour into a bowl and add more dill! Use a spoon to mix it in and finish with some dill garnish on top. Yes, really. That’s it. A good ranch is all about the consistency (smoothness) and the dill flavor! Pair this with some veggies and wings and you’ve got yourself not only a yummy meal, but a delicious, dairy-free experience that everyone will enjoy.
- SPICY CHIPOTLE DIP: This one is going to make you laugh – it’s that easy! If you want to be super fancy, all you have to do is cut up a few chilli peppers and toss them into the blender! If you’re lazy like me, then pour your cream into a bowl, grab your favorite hot sauce (I have several but this time I was feeling a garlic chipotle) and dump a bunch in. Mix and BOOM! You’ve got yourself a spicy little cream sauce that’s sure to bring your dish to a new level. Tip: You could easily turn this into a buffalo sauce by adding Franks Red Hot! I love using this dip for not only chips and veggies, but on steamed potatoes!